How to Create a Photography Website: The Ultimate Guide
Having a photography website is crucial for your photography business! There are many social media platforms where you can promote your services, but Instagram, Pinterest, and Flickr are not enough to launch your photography success online.
As a serious photographer and a person who wants to achieve a certain success in this world, you need a tool that fits your art, that you can manage and control completely, and that allows you to promote your pictures the exact way you want, without limits of quality, size, and design. In other words, you need to create your own photography website.
Through your website, you will present your best shots and your overall talent and you will have an opportunity to promote yourself as a real professional in the photography field. However, a website does not only do that, the website also grabs people’s and your potential customers’ attention, as well as the attention of the search engines such as Google. It will help you get more customers and loyal clients.
But, how to start? Do you anything about creating a photography website? Don’t worry! As a professional photographer, you are talented and gifted with a natural sense of taste and aesthetics, which you can use in the creation and design of your website. Also, there is another advantage you can use – thanks to the incredible tools offered by today’s website builders, you can easily create a portfolio that is both stunning and complete.
In this article, we are going to present you the ultimate guide that will help you create your photography website. All you need to do is to follow these steps:
- Determine Your Focus – So, before you turn on the laptop and decide which website builder you are going to use, we advise you to sit down and ask yourself what your end goal is. Do you want to attract more customers, do you want to promote your art pieces, or something else? Your mind and focus must be set before the creation of your website as it will help you select the right shots and organize them better.
- Present Your Best Shots – Once you will determine your focus, it is time to choose your best shots. Remember, it is important that your website does not have the exact same function as your social media accounts. You can’t publish every single shot that you took. Your photography website is meant to present only your best and most representative images in each category.
- Imagine Your Layout – This is the point where you need to imagine your layout as it will represent the visual structure of your overall photography portfolio. For a serious photographer, the main idea is to ensure that the photos remain at the center and they get the attention they deserve.
- Add the Right Pages – Adding the right pages is a crucial part when creating your website. You need a homepage, and online gallery, About Me page, and Contact page. Also, don’t forget to include testimonials from your previous clients.
- Show How Social You Can Be – Allowing your clients to share your content on social media networks is an absolute must! It is the simplest and cheapest way to get your name spread online.
So, are you ready to create your own photography website! Don’t forget to update your site and keep it fresh! Share your creations with the world!